Tuesday 24 October 2017

Goodby Millet

The Blue one picked me by hopping on my finger - Sold !
I'd made a travelling cage
put him in with a sprig of Millet and placed him on the car dash, he nibbled the Millet for the next 1/2 hour then went to sleep on it. Descided to call him Millet there and then
There was a new cage waiting for him at home
but he spent the next few hours exploring the front room



from day 1 he was fearless and super friendly


I'd open his cage in a morning and he'd hop out onto my finger then fly to the shape then the window ledge to shout at the garden birds then back onto me. It took him a few days to realise there was a floor, a whole new world






but the shape was his favourite spot





for the next 3 years he had the freedom of the house only going in his cage to sleep the rest of the time pestering me to play with him, or the grand-daughter Nadi
                                            
one of the last photo's I took of him
 
then a couple of weeks back I was playing with him, and the toys, on the floor when he flew back into his cage, after tea he was still there so I offered my finger he hopped on and I sat down to watch a film with him, he seemed normal may be a little quiet and head under wing went to sleep. The phone rang I put him on the chair cushion went to the phone came back he chirped tried to stand up but fell over I picked him up stroked and talked to him, he chirped then fluttered once and died in my hand



 
I buried him in the back garden -Fly High Millet

2 comments:

  1. I met Millet a few times and can honestly say that he is living proof that Budgies are not boring! I've seen many bored budgies stuck in cages all day, understimulated with who peck their feathers out. Not so with Millet, he was provided with space and opportunities to play and explore. He could recognise voices and different footsteps - so appeared to know who is entering his space.. I feel fortunate to have known him. RIP Millet...I'm sure he made an impression on everyone that met him. Gone are my preassumptions that Budgies are boring..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, you've only to look at Nadi's face to sum Millet up :-)

      Delete